Monday, May 14, 2012

dream of californication

Dream of Californication. This song will always and forever remind me on one incidence that occurred while I was living the Riv. I came home from doing something and as I walked through the small courtyard type thing between the buildings I happened upon a scene I shan't ever forget. A small group of BYU-ers playing croquet with this song blasting from one of the open apartment doors. I tried to refrain from laughing and quietly walked into my apartment, closed the door, and immediately bursted out in semi-quiet laughter. I have never seen something like this happen. Red Hot Chili Peppers and croquet usually don't mix. All I think of is young preppy men wearing polo shirts with cardigans tied around their necks paired with slacks and nice leather loafers. This was the complete opposite of what was before me. The friendly college students were wearing sweats and tennis shoes. Dang. This was good.

But guys, after that very fond memory leaves a whole new memory comes forward. Driving to good 'ole California. And guess where I'm going in precisely 1 week? How excited can one girl get?

This wonderful song will start off the road trip. Such an oldie but goodie. Ok not so old just reminds me of the O.C. But what I really love about it is that when this song plays on my nice little iPod, I think about how weird it is that my mom grew up in Cali.for.nia. She grew up around all sorts of famous people. What the weird? She could have been famous herself. Now she lives in lame Utah of all places. But then I think about all the nutso stories she always tells us. It doesn't matter which famous person we bring up in a conversation she has some sort of "When I met them...." story and that's kind of annoying and makes me jealous mostly. Tangent. Apologies.  This one obviously will be part of the trip. We listen to it at least six times in a row. And hello look at that man that just disrobes on the beach. I super hope that happens when I go to the beach here soon enough, that would make my whole entire life better. This one, is a gem. And we listen to it about seven times too. But then we move on to bigger and better things. Obviously this is one of the best music videos I have ever seen. Graphics are out of this world.. This song will inevitably force me to make a complete fool out of myself by singing louder than is acceptable (even around family) and dance like a complete lunatic.

So here's to road trips and the craziness that exposes itself when you drive for long periods of time. Hazah! and Hoorah! and Holla! I love road trips.

No comments:

Post a Comment