Saturday, August 25, 2012

she's fluent in bongoknees

"It's been real. It's been fun. And, I'll tell you what, it HAS been real fun. Because the time I spend with my best cousin is always a good time."




Sometimes I think to myself: "What else can Melissa and I come up with that is absolutely ridiculous and probably not funny to anyone else?" These thoughts are often followed by a 100% insane idea. On occasion we share this idea with fellow family members, these circumstances almost always result in confused looks and having to provide an explanation of why it's funny or necessary. To add insult to serious injury, we have been asked multiple times: "How old were you when you made that up??" And instead of responding with the truth we say: "Oh probably 6 & 7", just to save ourselves the embarrassment... because we actually made it up last week. 
Here's a sneak peek into what we do:

Melissa and I were sitting in my front room... in a somewhat awkward manner.. we were overcome by the realization that we were on one side of the room while the remote control was on the other. Instead of being normal human beings (that is, human beings that aren't lazier than a LA Z boy recliner) we sat. Trying to will the remote to our side of the room. And when that failed, we just sat and watched probably the most awful show on television. In a desperate attempt to distract herself from the program, Melissa began to sing a tune that is all too familiar to me. However the words were different. She entitled it "Bongoknees" and it is now the song I think of whenever I see her. That crazy cousin.



No comments:

Post a Comment