Wednesday, June 26, 2013

I Never Want to Leave, Part 2

Ok so let's pick up where we left off.

Tuesday June 18:
We went to a museum with an exhibit called the Wellcome Exhibit.
It was entirely medical things this man collected.
He was probably really weird cause he had some sketchy sketchy things.. I won't fill you in on the gruesome details.
I suppose you gotta just go and check it out for yourself.
Or maybe you could look it up on the internet.
That may be easier and WAY less expensive.
After that we went to a Jazz and Blues bar.
My first experience legally in a bar.
Woah. That was pretty weird.
It was rad though. These guys were like singing Jazz and I felt like I was transported back to the 20's! Hooray!
Then we just came back to the blistering flat and hung out for the rest of the night. Seriously. This flat is so hot.
But it was Kasee's birthday and so we sang to her and some peeps made up a song for her. It was wonderful.

This grossed me out to no end.. I won't even show you the back. 
Honestly I don't know... It blinked at me a lot. 
Confused? Maybe a little.


Wednesday June 19:
We went to this church that's in the movie "The Da Vinci Code" and our professor gave us more fake facts.
But this is the place that Shakespeare first had "Twelfth Night" performed. It was pretty rad.
I mean, not the church, but this other building, which was called..... Middle Temple Hall?
We then headed over to The Globe for the second time to tour it and saw some pretty famous actors rehearsing "Macbeth"
That was interesting for sure.
Then we got some delicious dinner.
Let me tell you about this because seriously this was probably the best part of the day.
I had the best hamburger ever.
Like 5 Guys doesn't even compare.
I honestly don't even know how to explain how delicious it was.
I guess it could have been because I hadn't eaten all day long... but I like to think it just truly was that delightful.
Then I headed back to The Globe to watch another play (The Taming of the Shrew)
This is a play I have always enjoyed. I saw it with my auntie and my cousin when I was little and so I have some pretty wonderful memories of it. Plus "10 Things I Hate About You" is a fantastic movie. And I miss Heath Ledger a whole bunch.

There's the church you Da Vinci Code fanatics.
Just the Globe. No big thang. And my entire group. All just walking into my pic. 


Thursday June 20:
I went to the British Museum and man alive is that place HUGE.
I seriously think that all of Provo and Orem could fit in just that building.
But probably not... But you guys... If you could see how massive this building was, you might just agree with me.
I saw some pretty cool cool things.
Basically everything that's in this museum is stuff that those Brits have stolen.
Which is pretty radical in its own right. Am I right or am I right?
But the stuff was awesome.
We saw the coffin that holds Cleopatra. The one and only.
I thought they were lying to me until I saw some real mummies just hanging out... outside their coffins (I guess if you wanna be technical and stuff it's call a sarcophagus). It totally wasn't natural and didn't sit with me. Needless to say I left the Egypt exhibit and found a very nice bloke to chat with for a little while.
After leaving this place we headed back to the flat. This is a very long process.
Let me take you through it:

  1. Walk to the nearest Underground. Which seems like it wouldn't be too hard, but sometimes they're further than you think.
  2. Wait for the correct train. 
  3. Sit on that train (maybe stand if the train is crowded)
  4. Sweat to death (especially if the train is crowded)
  5. Pay attention so you don't miss your stop.
  6. Walk back to the flat.
Seriously. There isn't enough time in the day. Ok there is. Plenty.
I'm not complaining. 
Honestly, I love the tube. (There is no sarcasm. I'm being serious)
It makes me feel so metropolitan. 
I just wish that I had my own car sometimes, drive where I want to and when I want to. 
Anyway. 
After getting back to the flat a few of us wanted to see if there was a chance that we could get some student priced tickets to see some Les Miserables (no, that is not pronounced "Less Miserables", you guys! Come on. Get with the prog).
Too bad it was sold out. 
So we just shopped a whole lot.
Went to this place called Cool Britania. Best souvenir shop I have ever seen in my entire life. 
Then we went next door to a place called Lilywhites. And I found some really good things for some really good peeps.

Yeah.. This is in London. I was appalled too.



Friday June 21:
Head to Paris.

More on that later.
I WILL get better at this blogging thing. Hold off for Paris.
You may hear some stuff that will absolutely blow your mind.
Be stoked.

Farewell!

XOXO
Sam



No comments:

Post a Comment