Tuesday, July 2, 2013

How's Paris?

Ok friends. You'll need to bear with me.. I'm blogging from my phone.
Really that's all Paris deserves.
We left on Friday the 21st and I will be honest, I was expecting the most magical beautiful place on the planet.
A place where it's easy to fall in love and everyone is kind and wonderful.
A place where you can eat crepes to your heart's content and sit in cafes until they close.
But, alas, that is NOT how ole Paris is (say that in a French accent. It sounds better).
So.. We left on Friday the 21st and took the Eurostar. That's the train that goes under the channel in case you didn't know.
And, in case you were wondering, it's not nearly as cool as it sounds. It's just a train. And it's dark majority of the time.
Annnnyyyyyywayyyy. My first moments in Paris should have prepared me for the next 2 days.
We sat in the station for roughly 17 billion hours and I was CONVINCED that Nate (one of the professors) had been taken.
I wasn't prepared for what was coming.
Let me just say that the metro is the filthiest thing I have ever seen.
There is pee everywhere you look and it smells SOOO bad. Yuck-o!
Then we got lost on the way to the hotel.
And then I was hoping we were lost because our hotel was the sketchiest thing on this earth.
Well the neighborhood was scarier than ish, the hotel itself was nice.
Then...
We went immediately to the Louvre and that was absolutely amazing and unreal.
I saw the Mona Lisa and it is indeed small and beautiful but I still don't understand all the hype.
I saw my favorite painting of all time and almost started crying out of sheer happiness.
And guys, I saw some Monet.
Dinner was pretty great
And I went to the love lock bridge. Locked my love in Paris. Too bad I don't even have a love.
The next day was the mother of all days.
This day included: Jardin du Luxembourg, Musee d'Orsay, Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame, and probably other stuff I can't remember.
Except I didn't go to Musee d'Orsay cause there wasn't time.
Which is really really sad.
I had some crepes, got creeped out by men peeing on the road, saw some pretty stained glass, and pushed the limit by going to the tippy top of the Eiffel Tower.
The next day we went to Versailles and I asked a random stranger if he would drive us around the gardens in a golf cart and it was awkward but awesome cause he agreed and was at our beck and call.
I got some delightful macaroons and they were delicious with the exception of the rose petal one... but when in Paris, right?
All in all, though, I found that I can tolerate Paris. Kind of. There were components of it that made it a pretty ok trip... But....
That place is nasty.
I have never been so excited to get back to our flat in London and climb 17 flights of stairs.
It was a wonderful feeling knowing where I was going and how to get there. Just marvelous.
I miss home a lot though. And I miss my car.
Because I found out that I walked probably a grand total of about 17000 miles which would be made easier with Ross around.
Anyway, here's some pictures of my Parisian adventures.

Love you guys.

XOXO
Sam

















No comments:

Post a Comment