Sunday, July 21, 2013

When I was actually in London once

So I returned from Dublin safely.
I know you were all worried.
Even though none of you knew what was happening.
Honestly, this was like 7 weeks ago.
No it was like.. 2 weeks ago. Sad.
Anyway.. we got back on Sunday night and honestly I wanted to die.
We got home so late (like 2 in the morning) and then had to unpack and go to class at 9 in the morning.
I think it's obvious that I was a zombie.
So the next day we went to the Freud Museum.
I tell you what, he is a WE-HE-HE-IRD dude.
But he did some good things for psychology so that's cool and stuff.
He did have some cool books and libraries and stuff.
Plus, the museum was in his house that he lived in for the last year of his life.
I think I may have enjoyed looking at his gardens and the house more than the stuff inside of it.
Bad?
I don't care.


The next day Kasee and I ventured to the National Gallery. 
I thought this place was just another museum (I have seen way too many).
No.
This was the best museum besides the Louvre. 
It had everything. 
Monet, Renoir, Manet, Van Gogh, Van Eyck, Holbein, just to name a few. 
Ok I saw these in person, and I think I died. 




Ok so that happened and then all we wanted was to see Les Mis in stinking London. 
So we went over to Leicester Square and did that fun stuff. 
Too bad they didn't have any tickets. 
Guess we HAVE to go into M&M World. 
Shoot. 
It was a good day to say the least. 

The next day was way less glamourous. 
Laundry. 
I did watch Braveheart to get in the mood for Scotland, so there's that.
FREEEEEDOM. 
Which only seemed fitting because the next day was the 4th of July. 

Now we're up to Thursday, which is the day we left for Scotland. 
Hooray! 
The 4th of July! 
A few of us thought seriously about putting tea bags in the Thames, but we refrained. 

I'll end this post and start a new for Scotland.
Bear with me.
I've been a little busy, you know, being in Europe. 

XOXO
Sam


No comments:

Post a Comment