Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Trevi Travi Trovi

The Trevi Fountain is my favorite thing in Rome.
I think that should be all I say in this post.

JUST LOOK AT IT



You better believe I kept my eye out for Paolo the Italian pop sensation (Lizzie moment). But he didn't come.
I guess just being at the Trevi would have to be enough. And it was. It really really was.
Plus there was a gelato place that had pretty okay gelato (I had better whilst in Rome) that has a really scary scary guy that owns it. He's terrifying and yells at you if you don't choose what you want in a matter of 2 seconds.

So this is the first place we went on this day and it was honestly a dream come true.
I threw in three coins and so now I'm destined to go back.
HOLLA!
After we left the Trevi (it was the hardest thing for me to do) we headed over to the Pantheon.
So there's that.




It was so cool and I really couldn't believe where I was.
I had another one of those moments. Another one of those "I-need-to-go-and-hide-under-a-rock-and-never-come-out" moments.
But then I realized it was an incredible thing again.
Seriously you guys. I can't take how perfect Rome is.
And it's about to get even more perfect.
There's this place in Rome dedicated to cats.
You read that right.
CATS.
It's called the cat sanctuary.
And here's this bit of information: while we were on the metro to the Trevi Nate (professor) came up to me and said "Are you ready?!" to which I responded "YEAH! For what?" he looked at me like I was nuts and maybe a little hilarious? I hope so. Then he said "For the cats! We're going to see the cats today!" I about had a heart attack. SOOOO EXCITED!
Here's some photos of the sanctuary for your viewing pleasure.




Seriously, no humans are allowed in those ruins.
And both of those little babies loved me.
One of them only had one lung and the other was far too nice and cute.
I wanted to take them home and then I realized I still had another week and a half in Italy... Not so fun for a little baby kitty.
After the sanctuary we shopped a little, got some real pizza, and then.... went back to the hotel.
Later that night we went back to the Trevi (it's even more magical at night) and searched for a place to eat dinner.
Stay tuned. That's a post by itself.

Have a splendid day.
Smell a rose, pet a kitty, smile at people.

Love you all.

XOXO
Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment