Wednesday, January 4, 2012

family fun time

Dear Blog readers,
Let me tell you how much I love my mom. She is so funny.
Just this evening we were having family bonding time. Which consisted of the usual activity. Watching T.V. Yes, I know. Healthy. We are a good family and spend good time together. DON'T JUDGE US. Anyhow... back to the point of this story.. We were watching T.V. (probably Friends - a show we mutually love) and this commercial came on. About depression. It was sad. Depression is sad. But it was one of those commercials that is the little cartoon people walking around with the black hole following them, or in this case, a blue robe. You read that correctly. A blue robe was following a woman around (If you've seen the commercial you know what I'm talking about). She got out of bed, took the robe off, it sprouted some eyes, and followed her two steps where her home suddenly turned into a doctors office and a creepy looking gray haired doctor enters the shot. He proceeds to pull down a screen to turn on a movie type thing of himself talking about the drug that he is supposed to be promoting. Don't worry he's still standing next to the screen. Still in the shot. Two creepy gray haired men. Awkward. Meanwhile, the woman is taking notes on what the doctor on the pull down screen is saying.... so is the robe. The commercial continues on to show a scene of the woman and her family having a get-together. A family gathering if you will - similar to the one that my mom and I were having. But not really. This cartoon family is hanging out in their yard. The woman and her husband sit in the hammock while the depression decides to sit in a chair near the couple, looking quite content. If you look to the right, there is an awkwardly placed boy, leaning up against a tree. And if you wait just a few seconds, a girl will appear. To take a picture.

Soooooo...... This was our conversation while watching the commercial

Mom: "soo... why is that robe not letting her take it off?"
Me: "um... cause it's depression mom..."
Mom: "OH EM GOSH! look at that doctor. CA-REEPY!"
Me: "Agreed. Creep. How weird that he's watching himself talk on that screen."
Mom: "Why is the depression taking notes? Does he think he can stick around? Whatevs depression."
Me: "I hate this commercial."
Mom: "Ok sure depression, come to the family party. You look like the cookie monster. Not a robe."
Me: "Look at that awkward boy on the right side. Leaning against the tree. Does he even be part of the family?"
Mom: "Who is that girl taking a picture? Poparazzi! Get out of here girl! You weren't even invited!"
Me: "I hate this commercial"
Mom: "Oh em gosh. Me too."

Mind you, she was serious throughout the whole thing. No laughs, no smiles, not even so much as a smirk. Straight faced. Serious. After a few seconds, I came to realize that the conversation we had about the commercial actually happened, and I couldn't refrain from laughing right out loud. She, of course, had no idea what I was laughing at. Hilarity overcame me and I was dying. She only laughed because I was. Still had no idea what was so funny.
She's a riot. I love my mom. She is probably the best mom out there.

P.S. This is the commercial I was referring to.


Take a look if you wish. The quality isn't the best but it gets the point across and imagine Ker Ber saying all of those things. Here's a photo of her if it helps:




so pretty huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment