Monday, December 3, 2012

It's not all It's cracked up to be.

I've been thinking a lot about life.
I was discussing my career options and the routes I could take to get me to what I want to do with my family today.
Which brought up the whole "what is your major?" and "what exactly do you want to do?" debate.
Yes, I know what I'm majoring in, and yes, I know what I want to do... kind of.
But then I think: "what if I get done with my schooling and I hate the career path I chose?" well then, you're just out of luck. Oops. Wrong choice.

But as I was talking with some friends earlier, the topic of being a kid came up.
And I couldn't help but think... why is everyone in such a hurry to grow up?
I don't know about you guys, but being a kid is the thing I miss the most.
Only kids can run around, act like total fools, and laugh at anything and everything and still be considered cute.
It doesn't matter if they're caked in mud, messed up their hair, or did something dumb. They will ALWAYS be cute.
So my question is... why does everyone want to be an adult so quickly?
Why is everyone so anxious to get married and have babies?
Why does everyone want to be so independent?

I am not ashamed to say that I still want to mess around.
I still want to do stuff I know I probably shouldn't do.
I still want to spend money on useless toys and concerts and plane tickets to far away places.
I still want to be totally unreasonable and complain about stupid things.
I still want to be a kid, is the short way of putting it.

So let's all slow down and enjoy the ride.
Seriously, let's not grow up so fast.


Because I still want to put leaves behind my ears and pretend I'm an elephant.

No comments:

Post a Comment