Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Donuts = Happiness

My life motto:
DONUTS = HAPPINESS
.......................
But, recently I found out that I need to "lay off the gluten."
I went to the the Dr., diagnosed myself with cancer before the he even came into the exam room, and had some blood sucked out of my body - which they apparently tested for a gluten allergy (and other things I guess). You should know that I am not partial to gluten intolerances. I hate that it's such a fad lately. Like... you can't just decide you don't want gluten anymore. I don't understand how people can just do that.
 WILLINGLY GIVING UP ALL BREADS AND WHEAT BASED SUBSTANCES?
That has got to be the craziest thing I have ever heard of. Who in their right mind would be okay with no longer eating donuts, dinner rolls, donuts, croissants, donuts, cake, or donuts?
Here's the thing, I know that people seriously have a problem with the gluten. 
But I have never had an issue with gluten. Meaning, my body has never had an issue. So what the heck?! Why, all of the sudden, does my tummy hate me for eating things with flour in them?
So as the Dr. is discussing how that is what it probably is, I'm like: "Ok wow, listen Dr. I respect you. You are a doctor and whatnot. But, here's the thing. I CAN'T have a gluten intolerance because... donuts." He just looked at me and said "no more donuts." Cue the saddest girl in the world.
So here's what I've been doing since the very grim diagnosis (or the chance of being diagnosed with gluten intolerance). I have been researching foods with gluten in them and foods without. 
I have come across MANY lists. Lists that tell me you can't have: wheat, barley, rye, etc. You can have: rice, quinoa, veggies, etc. 
BUT NOWHERE ON ANY OF THE LISTS OF FOODS TO AVOID DOES IT SAY "DONUTS"
So I'm convinced that the MayoClinic and various other websites are out to get me. 
They have got to be. They have got to be making my life hard. Second guessing myself. 
Honestly, the question I have been asking myself for the past 48 hours: is giving up donuts worth it? I mean would I rather eat a donut and have the pain or should I just give them up and not ever have to deal with a painful tummy? THE QUESTION OF THE CENTURY, FOLKS.
So here's the thing. I haven't been able to find snacks that are delicious.
So if any of you have any suggestions, I'm completely open to them. 
PLEASE AND THANK YOU. 
Also, let's all pray that I seriously don't have a gluten intolerance and that this doesn't go on for much longer cause I'm already losing my mind.




No comments:

Post a Comment